From Confident Choices: A Cookbook for Interstitial Cystitis and Overactive Bladder
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 4 c. skim or low-fat milk (may substitute two, 12 ounce cans evaporated skim milk)
- 1 cup cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) bi-color corn
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red bell pepper (if desired)
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. thyme
- 1/4 t. pepper, if tolerated
While still heating, add chicken, can of corn (including liquid), pepper, cubed potato, salt and pepper.
While continuously stirring, bring mixture to simmer. Continue to stir and simmer mixture 10 to 12 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.
Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
Author, Speaker, Patient Advocate
For step by step guidance for creating your own personal interstitial cystitis meal plan, see: Confident Choices®: Customizing the Interstitial Cystitis Diet.
For some basic, family-style, IC bladder-friendly recipes, see: Confident Choices®: A Cookbook for Interstitial Cystitis and Overactive BladderFor health care workers: Interstitial Cystitis: A Guide for Nutrition Educators