Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. half and half (may substitute 1 c. evaporated skim milk)
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 T. chopped green onions
- 1/2 t. lemon zest, if tolerated
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (may use refrigerator or frozen dough)
Pierce bottom of pie shell and bake for 5 minutes at 350°F. Cool slightly. Raise temperature of oven to 400°F. Drain spinach and press out all liquid. (This can be done easily between layers of paper towels.) Set aside.
Whisk eggs and half-and-half or milk in bowl. Add cheese, green onions, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pour into partially baked pie shell. Bake on middle rack, 400°F for 10 minutes, reducing oven temperature to 350°F for the last 25 minutes.
Author, Speaker, Patient Advocate
For step by step guidance for creating your own personal interstitial cystitis meal plan, see: Confident Choices®: Customizing the Interstitial Cystitis Diet.
For some basic, family-style, IC bladder-friendly recipes, see: Confident Choices®: A Cookbook for Interstitial Cystitis and Overactive BladderFor health care workers: Interstitial Cystitis: A Guide for Nutrition Educators
**Please SHARE using the links below!**