Sunday, February 5, 2012

Letters to My Husband

LinkThis blog post is a little different than most. It is dedicated to my wonderful husband, without whose support I could not do what I do. His salary and hard work are what pay the bills. If you are an IC or chronic pain patient, you also know that the spouse not only goes through our disease(s) with us, they often take on more chores and caretaking than they would without s spouse who requires so much TLC. Add to that being married to a writer whose inspiration often comes in the middle of the night, and you have the makings of a saint.

Year after year when we do our taxes, I realize my income is minor compared to his despite the fact we have comparable education. We look at what I do as a ministry really, but it does take a partner who is willing and able to pick up the slack created when I spend countless hours on the phone and computer each day helping patients navigate the complexities of the interstitial cystitis diet and lifestyle.

So with Valentine's Day and our 32nd anniversary coming up, I have a big favor to ask. If YOU have been helped by my blog, facebook posts, Tweets, and books, please take the time to thank Jim!

I opened a gmail account just for this purpose: letters2Jim@gmail.com. If you don't want to email, you can also send him notes in the comment section of this blog post. I will compile everything into a PowerPoint presentation that I will give him on our anniversary!

Thanks in advance for helping me thank him!!!!

PS: If you see my husband, please don't tell him. I want this to be a secret!

Author, Speaker, Patient Advocate

Helping Yourself Is the First Step to Getting Well

For step by step guidance for creating your own personal interstitial cystitis meal plan, see: Confident Choices®: Customizing the Interstitial Cystitis Diet.

For some basic, family-style, IC bladder-friendly recipes, see: Confident Choices®: A Cookbook for Interstitial Cystitis and Overactive Bladder



 **Please SHARE using the links below!**


No comments:

Post a Comment